Course Reflection LSSL 5391

Please enjoy this storytelling review of my journey through this course. It was created on bookcreator.com.

"Book Creator is a powerful ebook creation tool. It allows users to embed all kinds of content, from rich multimedia to Google Maps, YouTube videos, PDFs, and more. Try a real-time class collaboration—and be sure to check out AutoDraw, an AI-powered feature that aids artistically challenged users in fashioning drawings to be proud of." (Restifo, 2022)

Click on the photo, or scan the QR code below.

 


Throughout this semester I have been introduced to a lot of educational technology. From the first assignment, this course challenged me to push my technology boundaries. As a librarian, this varied exposure to new digital tools will be incredibly valuable. I have learned that I don’t need to be an expert on all of these tools, but I need to be brave enough to explore and learn. Having a basic understanding of what kinds of tools are available, along with a healthy sense of adventure will open doors for all kinds of new opportunities. I look forward to this exploration alongside my students.

We have covered material from blogging and social media, to creative content creation with infographics and cartoons. We created live content with a video editor and learned how to create and produce a podcast. Alongside this creative instruction, we have learned about acceptable use policies, copyright laws, universal design for learning, and ADA compliance.

The most exciting content for me was learning about podcasting. I really enjoyed the process, and I can see many ways that my students can utilize this technology. It would be so exciting for my students to prepare and produce their own book review podcast.

In UDL we learn how important student choice is and how vital it is to have a variety of avenues for expression. Allowing students to use infographics, cartoons, or video creation falls into line with these guidelines. Not to mention, using these tools as a teacher will make my classroom more dynamic and accessible to a greater dynamic of students.

By far the most challenging parts of this course were about policy. I want to be conscientious of school policies involving technology, as well as copyright and fair use laws. It’s essential to know these guidelines for ourselves and as we guide students and colleagues in the digital age.

I really enjoyed this course, and am excited for the practical application of what I have learned.


References

(n.d.). Book Creator - Love Learning - Book Creator app. Retrieved November 20, 2023, from https://bookcreator.com/

Restifo, D. (2022, July 11). Top Tools for Digital Storytelling. Tech & Learning. Retrieved November 20, 2023, from https://www.techlearning.com/tl-advisor-blog/30-sites-and-apps-for-digital-storytelling






4 comments:

  1. This was a lovely way to wrap up the semester. Thank you for your hard work and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I liked your reflection on this course Cindi! It was a creative and memorable way to reflect on all we learned throughout this course! Thank you for sharing and so glad you learned a lot about technology and its use in the library :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book is beautiful and informative. You've really mastered so many of the technologies that were taught and used in this course. Best wishes to you as you share your talents with your students in your library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cindi! You made many great points in your final reflection. I agree that you do not have to be an expert in all areas of technology but must be willing to explore new tools. Technology is always evolving, and we must try our best to keep up with all the improvements. I loved your final reflection book. It was very informative and creative in how to combined all the projects created throughout the semester. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete